By adding a digital signature to a construction form or checklist, you can configure and control the flow of your construction processes better, which would be the perfect solution to your important on-site construction workflows.
Including digital signatures in your digitised construction checklists will give you a powerful digital workflow that can totally revolutionise the way you handle and process your on-site documentation.
Construction checklist implementation of digital signatures
By requiring digital signatures to control your on-site construction processes, you end up saving a lot of your time and money, while making you more productive.
However, implementing the use of digital signatures needs to follow a logical workflow pattern in itself, which involves the following:
- Creating your checklist form, document or template. For example, LetsBuild allows you to create a checklist template ( that can be configured for workflow delivery), with the option to allow the use signature fields for an easy digital signature application.
- Reviewing your checklist form. As a user, after filling out the answers to your checklist, you can review your checklist and its content before signing it.
- Collecting your digital signature. Adding your signature alongside your personal details to the app’s database allows an automated and seamless flow of digital signatures from one user to the next, which is important for better workflow control. You can set up your digital signature to trigger or stop actions from your checklist. This allows the logical flow of processes to proceed from creating your checklist, reviewing its content and the tasks generated, signing, and validating. You can also set this up to invite other users and block the validation or completion of a checklist form if a mandatory stakeholder signature is missing.
- Consenting and accepting with your digital signature. By signing with your digital signature, this automatically assigns your acceptance of the set forth terms and conditions. Digital signatures follow strict standards and no unauthorised changes can be made to your checklist after being signed. For checklist documents needing multiple signatures, signing notifications will be sent to ensure the successful user-to-user workflow process.
- Customising your checklist workflow. It is possible to tailor your checklist workflow to your specific construction site needs.
- Auditing your construction checklist task trail. Everything you do on the app leaves a trail. Utilise this workflow trail to check which processes or workflow works best for you, and use it to customise a new checklist.
- Completing your checklist and generating your report. Once your checklist is agreed upon and all digital signatures have been validated and applied by all stakeholder parties, it can now be finalised. The signatories can be automatically sent a digital copy of the final checklist report.
Related reading: Learn how you can formalise your meetings and checklists, and ensure that your team members get notified for the specific information they need.
Signing your on-site cconstruction checklist
The entire idea of digital signatures centers around using more of your time for actual work and take time away from the lengthy unnecessary processes. It’s amazing how digitisation can get your checklists signed off and completed by one seamless platform doing all the legwork. Here are some examples of on-site checklists that can be automated with digital signatures:
- Intervention Form: Encourage your on-site employees to report anything they see on the worksite that can improve your safety culture. Make it easier for them to automatically sign off their intervention checklists and reports.
- Attendance Checklist: Manage your worksite attendance effectively with checklists specifying which area and what tasks your employees are working on.
- Construction Site Logbook: In any case of site emergency, you can access your checklist document for the list of workers present inside the construction area.
- Inspection of the Premises: Ensure your worksite compliance to quality, health, safety and environment regulations using your automated checklists.
- For Customers: Make it easy for your customer or client to receive documents and reports using digital signing.
- For Buyers: Sign the receipt for your buyer and let them attach their digital signature as proof that they have received it unless it’s not required.
There are so many aspects of the construction site where you can use automated checklists and digital signatures to help you optimise your systems and delegate tasks clearly and seamlessly. It is so easy to run a checklist form for a set of processes and tick off every time you undertake the task. Your checklist form acts as your documented workflow and as you tick off each task, it serves as a record of each process. In the end, it helps you do consistent and continuous work.
Benefits of digital construction checklists and digital signature
The combination of digital construction checklists and digital signatures enforces standards, efficiency and productivity in the construction site. In addition to accelerating the signing process, this kind of checklist set-up also allows the reduction of paper use. The once tedious signature process that took days to get resolved has now become a very straightforward process with clear transparent results, boosting confidence and trust of the signatories.
- Comes with Extra Verification
Deeper Learning: Did you know that automated checklists help you achieve a more tight and secure administrative follow-up workflow?
To learn more about checklists specific in construction and facilities management, we have compiled an ultimate guide to construction checklists that you can use for free. You are more than welcome to browse through our examples and figure out solutions to your construction management problems.