The different digital tools he and his colleagues were using simply weren’t suitable for the purpose of managing such a time-critical project. So Matt set out to find what he calls “The WhatsApp for construction”.
TRUSTED BY INDUSTRY LEADERS
Keep track of progress and follow-up and improve profit and project delivery
Schedule, assign, lean back
- Create your 3-6 week plan in a Gantt chart and assign tasks
- Get progress reports directly from workers via the app
- Quickly see which projects are unraveling and take action
- Get full overview of status and resources across projects
Coordinate subcontractors effectively
- View actual progress of teams on site in real time
- Collaborate in one single system, not by phone and email
- Assign QHSE tasks and to-do’s directly on drawings
- Work with standardised workflows and templates
Observe, correct, learn
- Collect all key project data on one platform
- Use real-time data from site to make adjustments to the plan
- Keep track of subcontractor performance and task progress
- Maintain a full audit trail of all actions and communication
Save valuable time and improve profits
- Save time on compiling data from different sources
- Improve predictability and project delivery with a live system
- Avoid subcontractors going to site in vain and save money
- Produce insightful reports and dashboards with ease
LetsBuild saves us time because it automatically generates reports for the information that is in the system. So we have definitely seen the benefit and it means that people have more time to get an idea of what their job is and deliver safety on site.
The simplicity and ease of use of the system means that we can get on with our work, without having to use too much thinking time when wanting to get simple tasks done.
Before, we would print the programme each month and compare project progress against the programme. Now, with the help of LetsBuild, I can see the historical timeline and keep track of progress as it is updated instantly.
Powering up your handover process
The final handover is both an important and complex process with multiple sources of information, traditionally spread across email threads, phone calls and Excel sheets.
Our customers tell us that 1 hour’s site visit results in 1 hour extra admin work at the office. Defects have to be checked and assigned to the subcontractors, work done must be checked and communicated to the client advisor. Aggregating all that information across multiple data sources takes time and is error-prone. LetsBuild has been proven to reduce admin time by up to 50%.
With LetsBuild, contractors can:
- Mark defects “points” on the digital project drawings
- Allocate them to the relevant subcontractors and sets status “Planned”
- Receive information back from the subcontractors when “Done”
- Check the work done “Checked”, which automatically notifies the client advisor
Improve collaboration with subcontractors
The coordination of, and communication with, multiple subcontractors can be both time-consuming and demanding.
Aggregating information on tasks and to-do’s across multiple companies often involves a lot of admin work and time – time that could be better used actually progressing the project. Also, subcontractors often turn up on site, only to realise that it is not yet ready for them. This creates delays and negatively affects your bottom line.
With LetsBuild, the contractors can:
- Assign scheduled tasks directly to the relevant subcontractors
- Receive progress updates directly on the platform
- Use digitised forms and workflows to manage communication on to-do’s
- Create complete reports on task progress and status with a few clicks
Effective on-site follow-up
Compiling and aggregating information on the status of checks, tasks and to-do’s is difficult and time-consuming. We are told it can take as much as 4 hours of admin work per day.
Client or advisor remarks can be made via email, phone or in meetings, and subcontractors can also use a series of different ways to communicate with you. Keeping track and reporting on follow-up tasks can therefore be very costly.
Contractors use LetsBuild to:
- Gather all checks and to-do’s on one digital platform
- Simplify workflows by using digitised templates and forms
- Automatically notify the client or advisor when rework has been done
- Produce comprehensive reports of all actions taken